Friday, July 3, 2009

It's been awhile

I'm not neglecting you all honest .... it's just that I've been busy updating Dad's travel blog that I don't get much time to update this one! Plus June was a busy month. Had a few theatre outings. Midsummer Night's Dream which was an outside performance. Pretty good performance seeing it was done by students from the University. Also went to see Dumb Story at the New Vic. Better than I was expecting. West Side Story was great ... the guy that played Tony was an excellent singer. I could still shed a tear at Tonight or Somewhere.

A trip to Birmingham to see Thorn Birds the Musical. The show was a bit of a disappointment. Sometimes I think it's best to leave books alone. At times it felt a bit amateurish with scenery moving at the wrong time and in the wrong place. It did pick up during the second half. However it was a lovely evening and we had a meal at the Mash House and a walk along the canal and through the Mail Box so all in all it was a good evening.

Highlight of the month was Take That supported by the Script. The show was BRILLIANT and I would recommend anyone to go and see it even if you aren't big Take That fans. There is so much going on. It's the Circus tour and boy do they put a circus on. Here are some photos from my Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=87996&id=585777112&l=daa8874157 We got there and it started raining so we sat for about 20 minutes in the car until it stopped a bit. We got inside the cricket ground and found our seat eventually (had to dry it off with a towel). Skies looked a bit threatening so we got out our rain ponchos (how sexy are they!!). Gary Go did his set. Then the Script came on (how cute is the lead singer!!!). They were brilliant and I'd go and see them again. Just as Take That came on the clouds disappeared and it was a glorious summer evening. Only downside was getting out the cricket ground and getting going on the road. The concert finished at 10.20 and we got going on the road about 11.45!!

Also managed a couple of sporting events ... cycling in Hanley town centre. The Tour Series came to town. Excellent night and the weather was just great. Here are some photos
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=86207&id=585777112&l=9ffefe0fd5

Plus we went to Uttoxeter races. Again weather was perfect - I'd gone prepared for rain with a waterproof coat and an umbrella. In fact most of the afternoon was spent sitting in the sun! Had a flutter or two and even managed a couple of wins!!!

Will try to update more during July!

No comments:

Post a Comment