Well walk no 3 was postponed due to the rain first thing but by about 10.30 it had all cleared up and the sun was out. So armed with the camera I headed off for a wander around Westport Lake and a spot of twitching.
Saw a few Tufted Duck on the big lake.
 |
| Tufted Duck |
 |
| Tufted Duck |
 |
| Tufted Duck |
Popped some seed out and the usual birds came down for a feed ...Robins, Great Tits, Dunnock and possibly a Chaffinch.
 |
| Regular visitor the Robin |
 |
| Chaffinch |
 |
| Dunnock |
 |
| Female reed bunting |
Couple of mallards on the big lake.
 |
| Mallards |
Then caught sight of a Great Crested Grebe as I was heading back to the car.
 |
| Great Crested Grebe |
 |
| Great Crested Grebe |
 |
| Great Crested Grebe |
I think I need more practice at identifying the birds !
No comments:
Post a Comment