Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tales from the Shed


On the day the premiership went mad … I thought I’d tidy a little room in my shed so I could watch the bird feeders in my garden.  I don’t know why I’d never thought of this before.  All I needed to do was to remove 10 years of spiders webs from the inside of the windows and cut a few climbers back on the outside, oh and a bit of window cleaning. I have lots of birds and a few squirrels visiting my garden and I usually end up feeding them in the morning and early evening. So I was expecting the bird feeders to be pretty busy. For those that know me and my fear of birds – this is a very brave thing for me to be doing – I am much closer to them than I am normally comfortable with so I am anticipating a few scary moments!

I made myself a cuppa and headed off down to the shed into my very own little bird hide!  No sooner had I got in there and a wood pigeon landed on the table right next to the shed. However I think the noise of the shutter on the camera scared him and he was soon off. 

Wood Pigeon


Then a squirrel came to feed on the main table. Again I think either he caught site of me or the noise of the shutter disturbed him and he was off.

Squirrel fly catching

I thought next time a bird lands I’d leave them feed on the tables before I tried to take a photo. I got a couple more shots and after an hour or so I thought I’d leave them to feed on their own. Usually by this time in the morning they’d have eaten everything!

Dunnock


Had another half and hour around 5.00 ish. Got a few more shots

Starling

Collared Dove


 and then noticed I was not the only one watching the birds as Willow had popped down to see what was going on! No wonder they all shot off sharpish!



An action shot of the collared doves

I think they need time to get used to the noise/movement in the shed.  

A few more photos on my Facebook page which hopefully I've made public.

Expect More Tales from the Shed in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment