Now I've heard that the use of the apostrophe is a dying art. In fact Lynne Truss wrote a whole chapter about it in her book Eats Shoots and Leaves. I never thought I'd have any problems using it in my blog title - Kendie's blog, ie the blog of Kendie. However I have now found that people who are following my blog don't get Kendie's blog ... instead they get Kendie (some jibberish with & # 39) blog. What's that about ... it makes no sense! I did think about changing the title to Kendies blog and for about five minutes I did change it but then it looks like I don't know how or when to use the apostrophe. So I must apologise to my followers for what looks like a rubbish title. This time it's not my fault. I've tried to find a solution to the problem and at the moment I've not found anything. Apparently it's something to do with the apostrophe being a special character in html.
So if anyone has any ideas how to make my blog title read better let me know.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If I had the answer to that one .... well, you can image with my surname! There are even letters that come to us addressed as:
ReplyDeleteMr and Mrs OapostropheBrien !!!
LOL
No way ! Some folk are SO dim!
ReplyDeleteTrue! Websites don't really cater for our surname at all. Even on bank cards you end up with the O as an initial instead of part of the name.
ReplyDeletethat is hilarious- i know what your nickname is from now on dawn- bit of a mouthful though lol!
ReplyDelete