Well I have been out shifting the snow off my drive, path and off the car. I cleared the footpath outside my house as well. A couple of my neighbours were out as well. I remember as a child my Dad was always out shifting the snow. I assume it's something that "grown-ups" do!
My neighbour also carried up a couple of buckets of grit and gritted the roads as we live on a hill. It's amazing how quickly the snow disappears once it's been gritted! So a bit of a team effort at the top of the cul-de-sac.
Once finished I settled down with a nice warm mug of coffee only to witness a kid come sledging down the street, get to the bit I'd cleared and get off his sledge and start cleaning the snow that had built up on his sledge. I nearly jumped up to bang on the window ... but then I thought "oh that's what old folk do" ... so I chilled and carried on drinking my coffee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment